Wednesday 17 January 2018

ESTĒE LAUDER ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR


Not many brands have achieved to create products as iconic as Estée Lauder. From the timeless pale blue box that Mrs Lauder designed with the mindset it would match the bathroom tiles used back then, to the revolutionary serum that changed the way we see skincare today.

1982, the year Night Repair was first launched. It wasn't up until 1991 when the word Advanced came in and since then it's known in the beauty industry simply as “ANR”. Till then women were already using creams packed with emollients to nourish their skin and this is where Mrs Lauder saw the gap. What was missing from the market was a skincare product that instead of sitting on top the skin would actually penetrate deeper to repair the damage. The world's first repair serum was born and made its way in the bathroom cabinets.

Going back to when I first read about this product, supposed to address all these skin concerns it almost sounded too good to be true but I gave in and bought it anyway. There I had it, my first ever serum, luxury serum to be exact.  I was scared to use it on my oily, acne prone, inflamed skin. What if it made everything even worse? After all, I didn't really need added moisture to be honest, I already had enough oils on my face. Little did I know. First morning after using it the night before, I went to wash my face having forgotten I've used it in the first place. Until I looked in the mirror I need to add. Is this some kind of magic? I wondered. My skin looked so rested,  was soft to touch, not a trace of oil and most important a dramatic reduction on the redness around my spots. I kept staring at the little brown bottle sitting in front of me. What are you? A GODSEND.



ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR SYNCHRONIZED RECOVERY COMPLEX II
A very lightweight serum with no particular smell and a brownish hue.  It goes on smooth and gets absorbed quickly without leaving a residue or a sticky feeling. In the product's description doesn't really mention it addresses any concerns other than ageing skin yet something in it is so good even acneic skins can benefit from it. My face was left radiant and with the spots going away (probably because of hormonal changes too) the newly revealed skin was bouncy with no marks whatsoever. The fact it calms down any inflammation makes it suitable for sensitive skin types too. I felt as if my skin could fight back against all issues. This serum really made me believe in skincare and I experienced first hand what a difference just one good product can do. I even went and bought the 100ml which is exclusive to airports. Even now after having tried so many different serums I can easily say this is my top favourite.
As I mentioned that was my first serum which meant I didn't know how much I should use so I consulted the brand's ambassador behind the counter. She taught me how to measure my face and get the amount of product right. One drop for each area she said: forehead, nose, cheek, cheek and chin. Five drops, one on each fingertip then rubbed together with the fingertips of the other hand and applied evenly on the face. I still use the same technique today no matter what product I'm using. 


ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR EYE SYNCHRONIZED COMPLEX II
Following the massive success of the face serum, in 2002 the company brings out the eye cream enriched with the same potent ingredients found in the ANR in a gel-creme form for the delicate eye area. This lovely gel comes with a ball spatula (which I have obviously lost) to help with the application. A little goes a long way and it does last for ages. It's great before makeup due to its silky finish which blurs away any fine lines and preps the skin.  Overall it's a good product but not as hydrating as I thought it would be. At least on its own, which is taking me to the next product I wanna mention.


Back to 2013, being in university and had been using the other two products for a good two years, as a regular on esteelauder.com my eye got caught on something new. Something I had never seen before. An eye serum...SERUM...FOR THE EYES!!! The same evening I found myself ringing up my mum: 
- "Sooo, I've run out of eye cream. Could you give me some mon..."
- "Yeah fine, just don't spend too much" she said.
Bless her.


ADVANCED NIGHT REPAIR EYE SERUM SYNCHRONIZED COMPLEX II
This thing is fantastic. A serum to use before the eye cream to help diminish any signs of age and lock in moisture for a well-rested eye area. Now, having said that the cream alone wasn't doing much for me when I combined it with this serum it changed the game. I saw a turnaround in the texture of my skin and any dark circles were now gone. Can't praise this product enough. It's very lightweight and watery and it absorbs in seconds. One pump is enough for both eyes. Using the ring fingers work the product in using upward moves and massage well but gently to decongest puffy undereyes and lift the crows feet. I don't know how it would work under other eye creams but I wouldn't recommend using it with an oil-based one. My humble opinion would be to splurge on this serum and then use a more affordable eye cream from the drugstore. I'm interested in trying the Olay Ultimate Eye Cream which I think it would pair perfectly. Let me know your thoughts if you've tried it. 

I recently saw the new launch of the ANR Eye Concentrate Matrix but unfortunately, haven't had the chance to try it yet, based on my experience with the rest of Advanced Night Repair products though it will come home with me very soon haha!

Such a cult product in the beauty world with so many stories behind it. I'd love to read yours regards this serum or any of the eye products so let me know.

Cheers sweetie darlings, 
Apo xX

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Shop My Wardrobe

Blogger Template Created by pipdig