Tuesday 13 February 2018

MY TANNING TOOLS


If there's someone out there that loves a fake tan then that's me and these are the tools I use to achieve a streak-free, flawless tan.

Let me start by saying this, if you think you can manage to apply fake tan with your bare hands without looking like an Umpa Lumpa afterwards, you're wrong. Someone we know might have tried it already, haha! That's why you should take my advice and avoid the embarrassingly bright orange palms. 

I start by using a pump of fake tan on the mitt and I add more as needed. Take your time and work the product in very well, it's no time for sloppiness. I go in with big circular upward motions until the product is fully absorbed and I carry on until the whole area is covered. 



In my quest for the best tanning I've used many self-tan products but it never crossed my mind that the right tool would make a difference too. As I'm passing through the aisle in Superdrug a new addition catches my eye and before you ask, yes I know every single product on the tan related shelves! It was a new mitt from Skinny Tan, bit more expensive than the others making me question how it would be different. It accidentally slipped into my basket. Oops! 

As I'm opening it up the first thing I notice is how soft it is. I mean velvety soft you guys! It's so cushiony and compared to all the other single-sided mitts it feels way more durable. It's so luxurious and there's something about it that makes the application of my fake tan so easy, it just glides on the skin. Absolutely love it and in all honesty, all the others mitts are now in the bin. 



Now for the Roller Applicator. Errrm, it's not bad?! My best friend included it in my Christmas gift bag and I was really excited to try it. As I would normally do with the mitt, I pumped the mouse onto the roller and I start applying on my leg. Thank god it was the leg! The tan went on so uneven and when I tried to go back over those patches the product just grabbed and it was now a hot mess! I quickly grabbed my trusted mitt and buffed in the remaining! 



I'm no quitter though so with the roller back in my hand I decided to try applying the produt directly on the skin. Now see, that worked like a dream. I believe it's because the product didn't sink in the sponge and I was able to spread it evenly but the big downside is that it took me forever. I consider my self a pro at tanning and I tan head to toe in about ten minutes, but it was a whole different story with this tool. 

All in all I don't think it's horrible and it comes handy for the times your partner asks to fake tan their back but I don't see myself reaching for it on a regular basis. You might say I'm old school but nothing beats the good old mitt.

Be tanned and fabulous darlings, 
Apo xX
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Shop My Wardrobe

Blogger Template Created by pipdig