Friday 2 February 2018

LIP SAVING KIT


As the weather gets colder and colder and the sunny days are far from reality my lips are the first to suffer the winter months. Here are my top picks to help soften and nourish them.

As the lips don’t have any sebaceous glands, which are the glands that keep the rest of your skin moisturised they are way more vulnerable to external factors such as the weather and the constant changes in temperature. The result is dry, chapped lips that they don’t look or feel nice. I know many people find it comforting to add moisture by licking them but saliva is only a short-term solution that actually worsens the problem. Wet lips exposed to the cold wind is a bad combination, BAD! What I do is always carry a lip balm with me so whenever I feel the need to add some moisture I pop it on my lips and I’m good to go. 

However, during the winter months, we need something more than that and the best time to treat the lips is during the night when the skin’s repairing process is taking place.


I start with a soft lip scrub which helps to exfoliate the lips getting rid of the dead skin without stripping of any moisture. My latest buy is this Dior Sugar Scrub that comes in a tube and contains hundreds of tiny sugar granules that don’t feel harsh while giving great results. I go back and forth with the scrub a few times until I feel I have enough product on my lips and then I rub the lips together until the sugar has melted and all is left behind is a velvety balm. It has a sweet minty flavour and it leaves behind a light stain that flatters the lips making them look very healthy. 


After that, I follow with my holy grail of lip balms. It’s the Baume de Rose from By Terry. Okay, now, I need to say it comes with a hefty price tag and the first time I saw it I was a bit discouraged but let me tell you this, By Terry means business. My lips are getting very dry even though I take care of them and the first time I used this lip balm overnight I woke up to the softest lips ever. It has a rosy smell and a pink hue to it but doesn’t leave any colour behind. The creamy texture hydrates deeply and adds the most subtle sheen making the lips look so plumped and healthy it would make Kylie Jenner jealous. Among the ingredients’ list you’ll find natural waxes, oils, shea butter and vitamin E so no wonder it’s a miracle product.  


Extra tip: Before going out I use a tinted lip balm and layer it up with some Baume de Rose. I tap some highlighter with my fingertip in the centre of the lips and I dust some on my cupid’s bow too. All I’m gonna say is “Hello lips!”



As I have mentioned in the past I am a big fan of exfoliation so on days off I take my routine a step further. I am using the Lip Smoothing Brush from Real Techniques with the tiniest amount of the Original Eight Hour Cream from Elizabeth Arden and I go on the lips in a circular motion. That not only helps to eliminate any dry patches but encourages the circulation too. It has happened that I went in a bit harder than I should so be careful not to overdo it. I wipe off any excess and I follow with a moisturising lip mask, at the moment I am using this Hydrating Gold Dust Lip Mask that I picked up in TK Maxx and the results are out of this world. I promise, your lips are gonna look brand new.

P.S. As I’m writing this post I have an open tab on my Safari that reads Rodial Dragon’s Blood Lip Masks…it’s a fifty-fifty game between what my heart says and what my wallet says. What do I listen to?? 

Pout game on darlings, 
Apo xX 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Shop My Wardrobe

Blogger Template Created by pipdig